Need help moving? How do you get started?
1. Get a piece of paper and count all the big items in your home by name. Example: 42-inch plasma TV – 2, queen-sized bed – 2 mattresses and two box springs. Yes, it takes time, but it's worth it to cut down on time which also cuts down on the price.
2. Take a box of the size you think you will use to pack. Put as many small items in the box as will fit. Take the same box room to room and think about how many items will fit in the box. Write down how many boxes will be needed for each room. For example Master bedroom – 6 boxes. You will use this information when talking to a mover.
3. Go to the garage and do steps one and two.
4. Go outside to the front, rear and side yard and make the same estimate.
5. Look online and in the front phone book for movers. You can also search for professional Raleigh movers via https://crabtreefamilymoving.com/.
Check sources where many movers budget will register themselves. Ask friends to recommend a mover for you. Start with a list of 10 movers. Check sources where many budget movers will list themselves. Ask friends to recommend a mover to you. Start with a list of 10 movers.
Check your state moving licensing departments to see which of the movers on your list are licensed. Search for keywords such as "complaints" and "problems" with the name of the movers. The advanced search will give you some idea of past complaints. Expect some problems because few moved are perfect.